Natural, exquisite and
Feel the warmth and see the multitude of colours from the NZ bush radiate from this elegant bangle. This one-of-a-kind NZ Pounamu/ NZ Greenstone bangle would make the perfect gift.
This order has already been lovingly crafted and is ready to ship.
NZ Greenstone (Pounamu is the Maori name) is a hard, durable and highly valued nephrite jade found in the South Island of New Zealand.
It is believed that Pounamu evokes strength and prosperity, to protect, express love and kinship, and to depict growth and harmony.
What makes this bangle so extraordinary?
- Lovingly crafted by hand from me, for you
- Distinctive design and exceptional quality
- Created with a 1.5cm (0.6″) square cut piece of tumbled NZ Greenstone and carefully wrapped by hand in 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire in a macrame style, the 4.5cm (1.8″) wire wrapped greenstone is attached to a Sterling Silver half round bangle, with hook on one end.
- The whole bangle measures 21cm (8.3″) so the wearer may decide where it sits on the forearm.
- Pounamu plays a very important role in Māori culture and is known as the “God Stone” of Maori people. It is considered a taonga (treasure) and therefore protected under the Treaty of Waitangi. NZ Greenstone jewellery is popular among New Zealanders and is often presented as gifts to visitors and to New Zealanders moving overseas.
- The greenstone has not been overly polished, I have left the natural and raw beauty of the greenstone to shine through.
- This bangle matches perfectly with the Square Greenstone Earrings and Necklace – however there is only 1 available of each.
- For the eco-conscious: only 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire used
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special environmentally friendly gift box
If this purchase is a special gift for someone, please consider my Premium Gift Wrapping Service – which includes a mini kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.