Natural, exquisite and completely unique
As the light shines through these elegant earrings, feel the essence and see the array of colours from the NZ bush illuminate your surroundings. These one-of-a-kind NZ Pounamu/ NZ Greenstone earrings would make the perfect gift.
These stunning one of a kind earrings have already been lovingly crafted and are ready to ship.
NZ Greenstone (Pounamu is the Maori name) is a hard, durable and highly valued nephrite jade found in the South Island of New Zealand.
It is believed that Pounamu evokes strength and prosperity, to protect, express love and kinship, and to depict growth and harmony.
What makes these earrings so extraordinary?
- Lovingly crafted by hand from me, for you
- Distinctive design, delightful detail and exceptional quality
- The stone has not been overly polished, I have left the natural and raw beauty of the greenstone to show
- Created with an approximately 1.5cm (0.6″) square cut piece of tumbled NZ Greenstone and carefully wrapped by hand in 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire in a macrame style and attached to Sterling Silver hooks.
- The earrings measure 4cm (1.6″) in length. NB They are slightly asymmetrical; as one square of Greenstone is very slightly smaller than the other, resulting in one earring being 4.2cm long.
- Pounamu plays a very important role in Māori culture and is known as the “God Stone” of Maori people. It is considered a taonga (treasure) and therefore protected under the Treaty of Waitangi. NZ Greenstone jewellery is popular among New Zealanders and is often presented as gifts to visitors and to New Zealanders moving overseas.
- These earrings perfectly match the Square Greenstone Bangle and Necklace – however there is only 1 available of each.
- For the eco-conscious: only 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire used
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special environmentally friendly gift box
If this purchase is a special gift for someone, please consider my Premium Gift Wrapping Service – which includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
Your personalised message will be personally handwritten inside and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.