The epitomy of sustainable elegance
This one-of-a-kind rectangular NZ Greenstone bangle; spiral wrapped in sustainable silver, would make the perfect gift.
Feel the warmth and see the multitude of colours from the NZ bush radiate from this sustainably elegant piece – it is almost translucent when held up to the light!
This item has already been lovingly handcrafted and is ready to ship. (Though I’ve unfortunately only taken 1 photo. I will take some more soon and add them to the listing!)
NZ Greenstone (Pounamu is the Maori name) is a hard, durable and highly valued nephrite jade found in the South Island of New Zealand.
It is believed that Pounamu evokes strength and prosperity, to protect, express love and kinship, and to depict growth and harmony.
What makes this spiral greenstone bangle so extraordinary?
- Lovingly crafted by hand from me, for you
- Distinctive design and exceptional quality
- Created with a 1.5cm (0.6″) x 2.75cm (1.08″) cut piece of tumbled NZ Greenstone and carefully spiral wrapped by hand in 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire
- The wrapped greenstone is attached to a Sterling Silver half round bangle, with a hook on one end.
- The whole bangle measures 22cm (8.7″) so the wearer may decide where it sits on the forearm.
- Pounamu plays a very important role in Māori culture and is known as the “God Stone” of Maori people.
- NZ Greenstone jewellery is popular among New Zealanders and is often presented as gifts to visitors and to New Zealanders moving overseas.
- The greenstone has not been overly polished, I have left the natural and raw beauty of the greenstone to shine through.
- For the eco-conscious: only 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire used
- Comes lovingly and sustainably packaged with a free polish cloth included
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.