A OOAK necklace to treasure
A rare find – this NZ Greenstone wedge necklace in eco Sterling Silver would make the perfect gift for your loved one.
A long triangular piece of intense dark green kawakawa greenstone with black and brown inclusions. Carefully wrapped in sustainable Sterling Silver with double koru (spirals), this long green stone necklace is ready to ship.
A wedge of treasure
NZ Greenstone (Pounamu is the Maori name) is a hard, durable and highly valued nephrite jade found in the South Island of New Zealand. It is considered to be taonga (treasure) in Maori culture and is often presented as a special gift to visitors, for birthdays and to New Zealanders moving overseas.
The koru is a spiral shape based on the appearance of a new unfurling silver fern frond. It is an integral symbol in Māori art, carving and tattooing, where it symbolises new life, growth, strength and peace.
Natural, exquisite and completely unique, this piece of modern jade jewellery will make a stunning gift!
Why is this NZ Greenstone wedge necklace so wonderful?
- Lovingly crafted by hand from me, for you
- Distinctive design, delightful detail and exceptional quality
- This long NZ Greenstone wedge necklace measures 7cm (2.75″) from top of pendant
- The kawakawa greenstone pendant sits on a 51cm Sterling Silver box chain with lobster clasp
- It is believed that Pounamu evokes strength and prosperity, to protect, express love and kinship, and to depict growth and harmony.
- The koru (spiral) means new life, growth, strength and peace. It also symbolises the fern fronds seen in NZ native bush.
- This greenstone piece has not been overly polished, I have left the natural and raw beauty of the greenstone to shine through
- The colour green represents abundance, renewal, growth and nature. It is a harmonising, balancing and calming colour.
- This necklace is completely unique and one-of-a-kind (i.e. there is only 1 available)
- For the eco-conscious: only 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire used
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special environmentally friendly gift box
- Comes with free polish cloth to keep tarnish at bay
If this purchase is a special gift for someone, please consider my Premium Gift Wrapping Service – which includes a mini kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
Most of my jewellery is handmade using sustainable 100-% recycled Sterling or Argenitum Silver. You can read more about my eco silver use here.