A sustainably elegant necklace
Transcend nature with this beautiful NZ Kauri Gum necklace. A delicious, golden honey coloured, translucent oval of New Zealand Kauri amber (gum) has been lovingly transformed into a pendant and hung on a Sterling Silver chain.
‘Gold fever’ struck northern New Zealand in the late 1800s, and peaked at the turn of this century. What they were seeking was not metallic gold, but NZ Kauri Gum (resin). A rich, golden, solidified amber which polishes up like a precious stone and is one of this country’s most beautiful natural products.
Also known as NZ Amber, Kauri Gum is the fossilised resin or sap of the Kauri Tree (Agathis australis). Every piece is distinctive, varies in colour and is very rare. It is said to give a very peaceful yet powerful energy to the wearer.
With a Maori inspired distinctive design of 2 separate koru (spirals) and wrapped in sustainable Sterling Silver, you won’t want to miss this opportunity.
This stunning golden honey coloured kauri resin necklace has already been lovingly crafted and is ready to ship!
Kauri Gum should really have another name… Gum, implies a sticky, lumpy mess! When actually, the resin of a Kauri tree looks much more like solidified liquid gold.
What it does signify is enchanting landscapes and the hopes and dreams of generations, as well as encompassing the beautiful and rare…
What makes this Kauri Gum necklace so breathtaking?
- Lovingly hand polished and created by me for you, in my Auckland studio
- A 4.5cm x 3.5cm (1.8″ x 1.2″) solid oval shaped piece of NZ Kauri Resin, has been carefully wrapped in 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire – perfect for the eco-conscious
- Finished with 2 koru (spiral) flourishes
- This NZ Amber pendant sits on a 51cm (20″) Sterling Silver belcher chain with a ring clasp
- The pendant measures 5.5cm (2.1″) in total length
- Beautiful translucent golden honey colours with creamy inclusions emerge from this wondrous piece
- The koru (spiral) means new life, growth, strength and regeneration
- A buried treasure, each piece of Kauri Gum jewellery has it’s own story to tell
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special environmentally friendly gift box
Is this a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of sustainable jewellery materials here.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.