Reversible paua shell
Distinctive and completely unique – this one-of-a-kind (OOAK) reversible Paua shell necklace is a fantastic gift!
Most paua shell pieces are only colourful on one side. But, with this paua shell necklace, the colours are present on both sides. Also, the normally vibrant colours are more subdued, with browns and greys mixed in, making it a perfect keepsake for either a man or woman.
Wrapped in recycled Sterling Silver with a single koru (spiral) on both sides, as well as the muted colours, give the necklace unisex appeal.
The paua shell pendant sits on luxuriously soft, caramel coloured, faux suede cord with slip knots; which means this 2 way necklace is also fully adjustable.
Paua (known as abalone in other countries) is loved around the world for its beautiful iridescent colours.
New Zealand has three different species of paua that are native to this country and are distinguished by their brilliantly coloured shells. The most common and best known is ‘blackfoot paua’ (Haliotis iris), which can grow up to 18cm in width.
The spiral is one of the oldest and most fundamental geometric shapes in nature, and is found all throughout the ancient world.
It has become a powerful symbol for creation and growth and is used by many ancient cultures and religious traditions.
Within New Zealand, the koru (Maori for “loop”) symbolises the unfurling frond of a Silver Fern tree and means new life, regeneration, strength and peace.
This eye-catching reversible paua shell necklace has already been handcrafted and wrapped with recycled Sterling Silver, and attached to a hypoallergenic soft suede cord adjustable necklace. You can read more about my use of sustainable silver here.
What makes this 2 way necklace so amazing?
- A gorgeous and completely unique gift designed and made in New Zealand
- Unisex – perfect for a man or woman
- Lovingly handcrafted in my garden-outlook Auckland home studio,
- Handmade from 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire, creating a charming environmentally friendly keepsake
- Wire wrapped with a single koru (spiral) on both sides
- This reversible paua shell pendant with a single koru measures 6cm long x 2.7cm at its widest point (2.4″ x 1″);
- It sits on soft faux suede cord, which can be adjusted from 42 – 82cm in length
- You can see where the necklace would sit on an adult’s neckline through the sizing guide here
- This reversible abalone necklace comes lovingly packaged in a special eco gift box with free polish cloth
Depending on where you are in the world, the package may take 1-3 weeks to arrive. If you require something urgently, please get in touch.
You can also upgrade your shipping to International Courier, which although more expensive, is a faster option, but must be signed for upon delivery.
Is this necklace a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of sustainable jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.