A distinctive NZ Amber necklace
New Zealand Amber (also know as Kauri Gum, Kauri tree resin and amber stone) is the hardened sap from the king of New Zealand’s native bush, the mighty Kauri tree (Agathis australis). The resin fossilises over hundreds and thousands of years and can come in a variety of colours from browns, gold, cloudy caramel and even green. Sometimes pieces have inclusions such as leaves or insects from the forest from which it has come. It is now considered as one of New Zealand’s most alluring natural products.
This NZ Amber stone necklace, offers a unique visage into this country’s liquid gold stone, and will keep you mesmerised.
This completely unique and one of a kind kauri gum necklace has already been lovingly crafted and is ready to ship!
What makes this NZ amber necklace so charming?
- Lovingly hand polished and created by me for you, in my Titirangi studio
- A 4.5cm x 3.5cm (1.75″ x 1.5″) solid triangular shaped piece of NZ Kauri resin, has been carefully wrapped in 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire – perfect for the eco-conscious
- Minimalist jewellery design with a simple crossover across the front
- This Kauri tree resin pendant sits on a 50cm (19.7″) Sterling Silver box chain with a lobster clasp
- The pendant measures 5.5cm (2.1″) in total
- Stunning rich and intense colours of liquid gold and golden syrup radiate from this enchanting piece
- A buried treasure, each piece of NZ Kauri Gum has it’s own story to tell
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special environmentally friendly gift box
If this purchase is a special gift for someone, please consider my Premium Gift Wrapping Service – which includes a mini kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.