Wavy strips from up cycled plastic
Hand cut and etched from repurposed plastic milk bottles, these eco friendly tiger stripe earrings are an easy wear option for any occasion.
Resembling a tiger’s stripes, these earrings are crafted from three wavy strips of up cycled plastic.
In China, the tiger is considered to be the king of all beasts and represent a powerful energy. People born in the year of the tiger, are thought to be independent, strong willed, adventurous and brave.
Tigers can also symbolise willpower, courage, vitality, energy, protection, confidence, focus and perseverance. In many countries they are greatly honoured and a sign of royalty.
My aim for this collection, was to:
- Reduce waste (or remove it from the waste cycle), and
- Reuse a product, by
- Repurposing it into something new
The outcome was this R3 collection! All of the earrings available in this selection were inspired by nature, are up cycled using NZ plastic milk bottles, and – ultimately -reduce plastic waste!
I have just written a blog post about the R3 collection – you can read about it here.
With unique design, these tiger stripe earrings make a powerful statement and are a unique way to reduce, reuse and repurpose our plastic waste, down to zero!
What makes these Tiger Stripe Earrings so compelling?
- Lovingly handmade by me, especially for you, in my garden-outlook Titirangi home studio.
- Each earring’s hook is hand crafted (by me) from 0.8mm (20ga) 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire.
- Three wavy strips have been cut into different lengths and attached to a nickel free, recycled Sterling Silver earring hook.
- In total, they measure 6.5cm from the top of the hook (2.5″), and less than 1cm wide (0.4″) – depending on how they are sitting.
- They are a beautiful translucent white, due to the base milk bottle plastic material they are up cycled from.
- Perfect for the eco-conscious individual
- A sustainably elegant gift or treasure to keep, designed and handcrafted in New Zealand
- Comes lovingly and sustainably packaged
Please note you are getting a new pair – not the exact pair being modelled here. Your pair will look almost identical, but there may be very slight variations due to the nature of handmade. This is not seen as a fault.
To wear: it is a good idea to use the rubber stoppers (or butterflies) on these earrings at the back – otherwise you might find they’re so light, they fly away!
Your order will take 1-3 business days to create before it is shipped from New Zealand.
If this item is being sent overseas, you will need to upgrade the shipping to International Courier, as it is a customised piece. This is a faster and safer (tracked) option.
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of environmentally friendly jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.
Go back to the R3 Collection here. Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.
There are no reviews yet.