These gorgeous small round koru spiral stud earrings are perfect for kids, ladies and men. Lightweight and easy to wear, they will go with everything in your wardrobe!
As one of the oldest and most fundamental geometric shapes in nature, the spiral is found all throughout the ancient world.
It has become a powerful symbol for creation and growth – or your life’s journey, and is used by many ancient cultures and religious traditions.
Within New Zealand, the koru (Maori for “loop”) symbolises the unfurling frond of a Silver Fern tree and means new life, regeneration, strength and peace.
NZ Maori koru art designs feature in carving, tattoos, clothing and jewellery and are very popular. In particular, the koru fern shape is loved in jewellery as a keepsake or heirloom piece.
What makes these Koru Spiral studs so special?
- They measure 1cm (0.4″) across
- Lovingly handcrafted into a spiral/ koru shape and hammer hardened to give texture and ensure their longevity
- For the eco-conscious: they are made from 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire
- Contemporary simplicity, these koru spiral studs are easy to wear at any time of the day
- The koru represents the unfurling frond of the silver fern and symbolises new life, life’s journey, growth, strength and regeneration
- Handcrafted and made to order, specifically and especially for you (you get a new pair, not those on the model)
- These earrings come lovingly packaged in a special environmentally friendly gift box
Your order will take 1-3 business days to create before it is shipped. I will keep in touch to let you know how it is going.
If this purchase is a special gift for someone, please consider my Premium Gift Wrapping Service – which includes a mini kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.