Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose
Hand cut and etched from repurposed plastic milk bottles, these environmentally friendly feather earrings are an easy wear option for any occasion.
Feathers symbolise trust, honour, strength, wisdom, power, and freedom. It is an object that is deeply revered and a sign of high honour.
My aim for this collection, was to:
- Reduce waste (or remove it from the waste cycle), and
- Reuse a product, by
- Repurposing it into something new
The outcome was this R3 collection! All of the earrings available in this selection were inspired by nature, are up cycled using NZ plastic milk bottles, and – ultimately -reduce plastic waste!
I have just written a blog post about the R3 collection – you can read about it here.
With classic lines, these feather earrings make a powerful statement and are a unique way to reduce, reuse and repurpose our plastic waste, down to zero!
What makes these Eco Feather Earrings so awesome?
- Lovingly handmade by me, especially for you, in my garden-outlook Titirangi home studio.
- Each earring’s hook is hand crafted (by me) from 0.8mm (20ga) 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire.
- Lovely and large, they measure 10.5cm from the top of the hook (4.1″), and are 2.5cm wide (1″).
- They are a beautiful translucent white, due to the base milk bottle plastic material they are up cycled from
- Perfect for the eco-aware individual
- A sustainably elegant gift or treasure to keep, designed and handcrafted in New Zealand
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special eco gift box
Please note you are getting a new pair – not the exact pair being modelled here. Your pair will look almost identical, but there may be very slight variations due to the nature of handmade. This is not seen as a fault.
To wear: it is a good idea to use the rubber stoppers (or butterflies) on these earrings at the back – otherwise you might find they’re so light, they fly away!
Your order will take 1-3 business days to create before it is shipped from New Zealand.
If this item is being sent overseas, you will need to upgrade the shipping to International Courier, as it is a customised piece. This is a faster and safer (tracked) option.
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of environmentally friendly jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.
Go back to the R3 Collection here. Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.
There are no reviews yet.