Feel the power of NZ Paua
Completely unique, this OOAK long wedge Paua shell necklace follows the natural inside curve of the shell and would make a wonderful birthday or anniversary gift.
The colourful polished inside of the shell faces the world with the tip pointing outwards. Three wraps and a single spiral flourish handmade from eco silver wire envelope the wedge of shell and the rough back has been smoothed for comfort.
Paua (known as abalone in other countries) is loved around the world for its beautiful iridescent colours. The colours remind me of the ocean – with hues of blues, greens, pinks and purple.
New Zealand has three different species of paua that are unique to this country and are distinguished by their brilliantly coloured shells. The most common and best known is ‘blackfoot paua’ (Haliotis iris), which can grow up to 18cm in width.
This gorgeous curved long wedge Paua shell necklace has already been handcrafted and wrapped with recycled Sterling Silver, and attached to a 50cm Sterling Silver chain. You can read more about my use of sustainable silver here.
You can see where the necklace would sit on an adult’s neckline through the sizing guide here.
What makes this long wedge Paua shell necklace so remarkable?
- A beautiful and completely unique gift designed and made in New Zealand
- Lovingly handcrafted in my garden-outlook Auckland home studio,
- Handmade from 100% recycled .925 Sterling Silver wire, creating a delightful environmentally friendly keepsake
- The long wedge curved NZ Paua shell pendant with a single spiral measures 5.5cm long x 2cm at its widest point (2.2″ x 0.8″);
- It sits on a 50cm Sterling Silver curb chain
- This curved Paua shell necklace comes lovingly and sustainably packaged with a free polish cloth
Depending on where you are in the world, the package may take 1-3 weeks to arrive. If you require something urgently, please get in touch.
You can also upgrade your shipping to International Courier, which although more expensive, is a faster and safer (tracked) option.
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small woven flax bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of sustainable jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.