A completely unique NZ Kauri Gum necklace
This NZ Kauri Gum necklace, will literally keep nature close to your heart!
‘Gold fever’ struck northern New Zealand in the late 1800s, and peaked at the turn of this century. What they were seeking was not metallic gold, but Kauri Gum (NZ Amber). A rich, golden, solidified resin which polishes up like a precious stone and is one of this country’s most beautiful natural products.
Also known as NZ Amber, Kauri Gum is the fossilised resin or sap of the Kauri Tree (Agathis australis). Every piece is distinctive, varies in colour and is very rare. It is said to give a very peaceful yet powerful energy to the wearer.
With a distinctive design, delightful detail and wrapped in sustainable Sterling Silver, you won’t want to miss this opportunity. This rare clover honey coloured kauri gum necklace has already been lovingly crafted and is ready to ship!
Kauri Gum should really have another name… Gum, implies a sticky, lumpy mess! When actually, Kauri Gum looks much more like solidified liquid gold!
What it does signify is enchanting landscapes and the hopes and dreams of generations, as well as encompassing the beautiful and rare…
What makes this necklace so amazing?
- Lovingly hand polished and created by me for you, in my Auckland studio
- A 4cm x 3cm (1.6″ x 1.25″) solid oval shaped piece of NZ Kauri Amber, has been carefully wrapped in 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire – perfect for the eco-conscious
- Finished with a double spiral flourish
- This Kauri tree resin pendant sits on a 50cm (19.7″) Sterling Silver box chain with a lobster clasp
- The pendant measures 5.5cm (2.1″) in total
- Beautiful clover honey and creamy caramel colours emerge from this radiant piece
- A buried treasure, each piece of NZ Amber has it’s own story to tell
- Comes lovingly and sustainably packaged with free polish cloth
If this purchase is a special gift for someone, please consider my Premium Gift Wrapping Service – which includes a mini woven flax bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of sustainable jewellery materials here.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.