Sustainable Silver Leaves
These large leaf earrings will go from casual or office to evening wear with ease.
A modern design with the classic leaf shape, these silver leaf earrings may be worn in two different ways:
- Either the central vein of the earring can go through the lobe, or
- the open ‘back’ side can
Each large leaf earring has been carefully hand crafted from 1mm 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire. This is slightly larger than your regular earrings, to ensure the longevity of the design.
The unique, contemporary design and simplicity in style make these earrings very easy to wear.
Inspired by the mighty NZ kauri tree leaves, buying this pair of leaf earrings will enrich both you and the environment at the same time. This is because for each item sold within this collection, I will donate 10% (of the retail price) to Forest and Bird’s Kauri Dieback conservation campaign.
The simple leaf has transformed into an image of long-lasting elegance throughout the periods of jewellery history.
Leaves hold symbolism in many cultures, but in general, they symbolise fertility and growth. The green leaves of spring and summer depict hope, renewal and revival.
Why are these large leaf earrings so awesome?
- Lovingly handmade by me, especially for you, in my garden-outlook Titirangi home studio.
- These long leaf earrings measure 5cm in length (1.9″), and 2.2cm width (0.9″), with the central ‘vein’ measuring 4cm (1.5″).
- Perfect for spring, these great leaf earrings have been handcrafted from 1mm (18ga) wide sustainably sourced Sterling Silver (this is larger than regular earrings, but should not cause any problems for regular earring wearers.)
- Perfect for the eco-aware individual, 10% from each piece sold will be donated to NZ Forest & Bird’s Kauri Dieback Campaign.
- A sustainably elegant gift or treasure to keep, designed and handmade in New Zealand.
- Comes lovingly and sustainably packaged.
Please note you are getting a new pair – not the exact pair being modelled here. Your pair will look almost identical, but there may be very slight variations due to the nature of handmade. This is not seen as a fault.
Your order will take 1-3 business days to create before it is shipped from New Zealand.
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of environmentally friendly jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.