Experience the of NZ Paua
This distinctive OOAK round Paua shell necklace with a double koru would make an excellent birthday or anniversary present.
Paua (known as abalone in other countries) is loved around the world for its beautiful iridescent colours. The colours remind me of the ocean – with hues of blue, green and purple.
New Zealand has three different species of paua that are unique to this country and are distinguished by their brilliantly coloured shells. The most common and best known is ‘blackfoot paua’ (Haliotis iris), which can grow up to 18cm in width.
This beautiful round Paua shell necklace has already been handcrafted and wrapped with recycled Argentium Silver, and attached to a 50cm Sterling Silver chain. You can read more about my use of sustainable silver here. Therefore it’s ready to go!
You can see where the necklace would sit on an adult’s neckline through the sizing guide here.
What makes this round Paua shell necklace so memorable?
- A beautiful and completely unique gift designed and made in New Zealand
- Lovingly handcrafted in my garden-outlook Auckland home studio,
- Handmade from 100% recycled .935 Argentium Silver wire (more resistant to tarnish), creating a delightful environmentally friendly keepsake
- The round Paua shell pendant with a double koru measures approximately 3.5cm wide x 5cm long (1.4″ x 2″);
- It sits on a 50cm Sterling Silver box chain
- This round Paua shell necklace comes lovingly packaged in a special eco gift box with free polish cloth
Depending on where you are in the world, the package may take 1-3 weeks to arrive. If you require something urgently, please get in touch.
You can also upgrade your shipping to International Courier, which although more expensive, is a faster and safer (tracked) option.
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of sustainable jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.
Shop other Curlicue NZ Jewellery here.