It's time to fly away
Hand cut and etched from repurposed plastic milk bottles, these cute little wing earrings are an easy wear option for any occasion.
I have created these wings by cutting the top section from a milk bottle!
Wings symbolise lightness, freedom, spirituality, the possibility of flying and rising up (to heaven).
According to Plato, wings represent a higher level of intelligence and understanding. They also relate to imagination, intellectual thought and victory.
My aim for this collection, was to:
- Reduce waste (or remove it from the waste cycle), and
- Reuse a product, by
- Repurposing it into something new
The outcome is this R3 collection! All of the earrings available in this selection are up cycled using NZ plastic milk bottles, and – ultimately -reduce plastic waste.
I have just written a blog post about the R3 collection – you can read about it here.
Let these little wing earrings fly away with you. They are another perfect way to reduce, reuse and repurpose our plastic waste, down to zero!
What makes these wing earrings so fabulous?
- Lovingly handmade by me, especially for you, in my garden-outlook Titirangi home studio.
- Each earring’s hook is hand crafted (by me) from 0.8mm (20ga) 100% recycled Sterling Silver wire.
- The top lid section of a milk bottle is cut into wing shapes and attached to a nickel free, recycled Sterling Silver earring hook.
- They measure 4.5cm (1.8″) from the top of the hook to the lowest part of the wing, and are up to 1.5cm (0.6″) at the widest point.
- They are a beautiful translucent white, due to the base milk bottle plastic material they are up cycled from.
- Perfect for the eco-aware
- A sustainably elegant gift or treasure to keep, designed and handcrafted in New Zealand
- Comes lovingly packaged in a special eco gift box
Please note you are getting a new pair – not the exact pair being modelled here. Your pair will look almost identical, but there may be very slight variations due to the nature of handmade. This is not seen as a fault.
To wear: it is a good idea to use the rubber stoppers (or butterflies) on these earrings at the back – otherwise you might find they’re so light, they fly away!
Your order will take 1-3 business days to create before it is shipped from New Zealand.
If this item is being sent overseas, you will need to upgrade the shipping to International Courier, as it is a customised piece. This is a faster and safer (tracked) option.
Is this purchase a special gift?
My Premium Gift Wrapping Service includes a small kete (woven flax) bag and a homemade gift card.
A handwritten message inside the card is included and the gift may be sent directly to the recipient if desired.
You can read more about my use of environmentally friendly jewellery materials here.
If you would like to know more about me and behind the scenes at Curlicue NZ, look here.